|The Expendables 3|
|Directed by||Patrick Hughes|
|Starring|| Sylvester Stallone|
|Release date(s)||August 15, 2014|
|Preceded by||The Expendables 2|
The Expendables 3 is an upcoming action film directed by Patrick Hughes and is a sequel to the 2012 film, The Expendables 2.
In March 2012, Couture stated that a third installment of The Expendables could enter production in late 2012, following the release of The Expendables 2. In April 2012, Steven Seagal said that he had been offered a role in a third film. Producer Avi Lerner also stated that the producers were intending to bring back the series' current stars, attempting to have Rourke reprise his role, had already approached Clint Eastwood about a role, and had plans to pursue Harrison Ford and to approach Wesley Snipes following his release from prison. Stallone said: "We are thinking about different concepts – the third one is the hardest. The second is the natural progression. The third, that’s when the air gets rare. We’re thinking ambitiously about it... You now have to give audiences something they don’t expect at all – maybe even going into a different genre. Stallone confirmed on April 2013 that indie filmmaker Patrick Hughes would direct the second sequel. On May 22, Stallone confirmed he needed a "Young Sigourney Weaver" and after passing on Milla Jovovich, started eying other MMA talent Ronda Rousey.
On October 22, Stallone announced via Twitter that the film had been fully completed and applauded castmembers Grammer, Snipes, Banderas and Ford.
Barney (Stallone), Christmas (Statham) and the rest of the team comes face-to-face with Conrad Stonebanks (Gibson), who years ago co-founded The Expendables with Barney. Stonebanks subsequently became a ruthless arms trader and someone who Barney was forced to kill… or so he thought. Stonebanks, who eluded death once before, now is making it his mission to end The Expendables -- but Barney has other plans. Barney decides that he has to fight old blood with new blood, and brings in a new era of Expendables team members, recruiting individuals who are younger, faster and more tech-savvy. The latest mission becomes a clash of classic old-school style versus high-tech expertise in the Expendables’ most personal battle yet.
In the beginning of the film on a plane, one of them asks their new member how come he was in prison, he said, "Tax evasion". Stop at 17:15.
- Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross
- Jason Statham as Lee Christmas
- Antonio Banderas as Rapido
- Jet Li as Yin Yang
- Wesley Snipes as Surgeon
- Dolph Lundgren as Gunner Jensen
- Kelsey Grammer as Bonparte
- Terry Crews as Hale Caesar
- Randy Couture as Toll Road
- Kellan Lutz as Smilee
- Ronda Rousey as Luna
- Glen Powell as Thorn
- Victor Ortiz as Mars
- Mel Gibson as Conrad Stonebanks
- Harrison Ford as Max Drummer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Trench Mauser
- Robert Davi as Goran Vogner
- Natalie Burn as Kristina Stonebanks
- Sarai Givaty as Camilla
- Thomas Canestraro
- Lisbeth Olofsson as Gunner's daughter
- Main article: Expendables 3 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Jason Statham said "You may see history made in the next Expendables", which may mean that the film will feature flashbacks of how the Expendables were made.
- Back in November 2013, Sylvester Stallone hinted retiring from action movies and the franchise, which may mean that the film will be the final installment, due to Barney paying his debt with Church, and Barney possibly thinking of something to honor Billy "The Kid" Timmons after his death in the prequel.
- Stonebanks may have plans to terminate the group by the order of the senators and congressman into involving the A.I.P.A.C. lobby group giving the order to C.I.A. and F.B.I. into terminating the group by fraud and interest, and by doing that, they may have Church, Booker and Maggie to be killed for making it look like they were responsible for their deaths even possibility being too powerful to control the mercenaries.
- The flashback may feature Barney, Tool, Booker, Trench, Bonparte, Rapido, Vogner and Stonebanks with CGI animation to look young.
- Christmas and Surgeon will have a knife rivalry.
- There may be a romantic connection between Smilee and Luna.
- Smilee may be born "John "Smilee" Ross", possibly hinting that he may be Barney's son.
- Barney may had become the way he was, possibly because of Stonebanks betraying the Expendables, by killing Barney's wife.